Thursday, September 27, 2007

Big Weekend


Lorrie's wedding is on Saturday and I am so thrilled. I get to live vicariously through her because she is doing all the things I didn't get to do for my wedding, and I don't have to do any work to experience this. Fun things like grandpa playing polkas on his saxophone as we get dressed for the wedding, this is what I am most looking forward to. I also am thrilled because after the rehearsal I don't have to drive anywhere and will be driven.

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from September:



Ava at her 1st Birthday Party




Bob the Llama at Llamafest 2007

I just had the power go off... I'm glad that this has auto save.
Two weekends ago Jim, Michelle and I went to the Michigan Renaissance Festival. (For Free!!)
I had a great time with one notable exception, the man in this picture. He was the most boring thing I've ever seen there in all the years I've gone. It was a Falconry Exhibit on the main field where they do the jousting and he lectured for 40 minutes before he even had the birds do anything and kept saying snotty comments about the people in the audience eating the giant turkey drumsticks. What the hell?? I hope that he doesn't get invited/hired to come back because he was awful. But I like this picture.



As for knitting I made another cotton shopping bag with the handle/strap of my own invention and this one is much better than the first. It is already in use holding my curlers and makeup for the wedding. I'll have to take another picture of it all loaded up.



I've been working on 3 things:

Frost Flowers & Leaves





Pomatomus Sock (with accessory cat)




Something Red



I won a prize from a blog contest, this gorgeous ice cream colored sock yarn from Jess of mikknits

I think I'll try the Monkey pattern with this, I'm not sure so any suggestions are appreciated.

1 comment: