Monday, July 2, 2007

I spent less than I expected!

Yesterday I went to a knitters meet up at Threadbear in Lansing. I bought some Karabella Aurora 8 to make Cochella from Knitty as well as some lilac purple lace weight to make something lacy to be decided later. I still haven't decided what yarn to make the Mystery Stole 3 in. They had some Malabrigo lace weight but not in any colors that seemed appropriate based on the clue.Sarahlou and Kelli
Erin and Karen

I had a great time knitting and hanging out with Kelli, Saralou, Karen, Erin, Sarah and Renee. They are all making some very beautiful things. Later on, Kelli and I went to Old Town to join Erin to again knit, just this time with Annie her dog. (I so thought I took a picture of Annie.. darn.)


The picture of the waterfall is taken from atop a fish ladder. I don't think I'd been near a fish ladder in at least 20 years. I remember some trip to Grand Rapids with Grandpa to look at flooding and I think furniture or grandfather clocks. Anyway, there also was a nice river walk in Old Town Lansing, going under a bridge which we got to from a terrifying metal spiral staircase. I'm definitely dragging Jim back there. Not only is there a lot of cool shops in that area, but there is also a huge pet store which Jim will likely love. For Cochella based on Saralou's recommendation or it can be considered copying of a cool idea.


Next time: Progress shots of the Central Park Hoodie

2 comments:

sarah lou said...

i was looking again at coachella today and i realized without meaning to that i'd picked something perfectly aligned with the 18 sts for 4 " guague. :) it's going to be warmer than the original, but your color will turn out lovely, i'm thinking. and it's the perfect excuse to whip up one of those dinky little shrugs out there in a complimentary color... :) it was so nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

It was nice to meet you...was just thinking of you earlier as I was contemplating if I was capable of cables and the central park hoodie...hmmm....we shall see!